In this Arts & Crafts video tutorial you will learn how to baste a quilt for free-motion quilting patterns. This video is presented by craftygemini. This method of loading your quilt onto your quilting frame is known as floating where the quilt top and the batting are floated. Neither the top nor the batting are rolled and pinned onto leaders like a backing fabric. First go to the top center point of the quilt top, put the pressure foot down and take a stitch. Bring the bottom thread up, hold onto it and take a second stitch at the same spot. Now you can start stitching the quilt about one eighth of an inch from the top. While stitching keep the fabric pressed with your other hand. Watch the video for further instructions.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades