When measuring for borders on your quilt, begin by spreading your quilt out on your work surface making sure that it is laying flat but not pulled tight. With a tape measure, measure from one edge to the opposite edge across the length of the quilt. You should measure along two or three different seam lines and cut the border material to correspond with your longest measurement.If you would like a two-inch wide finished border then you should cut your border material two-and-a-half inches wide. Once this border has been sewn onto the two longest sides of the quilt and ironed, repeat the above process to measure the width of the quilt with the new borders attached. Cut the borders for the remaining two sides of the quilt, sew on, and iron.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades